Katy Perry’s Makeup Artist Reveals Makeup Bag Essentials!
Katy Perry gets some of her best beauty looks from makeup artist Jake Bailey, and he reveals to Beauty High his 6 must-have makeup products!
“Rarely do I get a client who has more fun with her makeup. She doesn’t take it too seriously and is always down to try something new. Getting Katy ready for an event or a magazine cover is always an inspiring creative collaboration,” said Jake. “We both have a lot of ideas and work together to find the perfect look…sometimes trying as many as five lip colors to find the perfect one.”
Here are his 6 must-haves:
1. Creme de la Mer moisturizer: I use it mostly at night. Absolutely the best for fighting wrinkles or recovering from a sunburn. Perfect for under makeup in colder weather as well because foundations adheres to it really well and it keeps your makeup from drying out in arid climates.
2. Guerlain “les violettes” powder: The lightest powder on the market. If you must use powder this summer….this is the one to use. Doesn’t cake or build up.
3. Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipsticks and Natureluxe Gloss Balms: The best shade range and most beautiful texture on the market.
4. False lashes from Eylure: Highest quality lashes I’ve found. A UK brand that recently launched here in the U.S.
5. Make Up For Ever Aquacreams: The natural textures and the durability are an unbeatable combination.
6. M.A.C. brushes: Excellent quality, affordable brushes. They have one for every conceivable application.
Have you tried these products? What are your top makeup bag essentials?