Dull, brittle, dry hair getting you down? Why not make the perfect moisturizing treatment for your hair with natural oils you can find in your home. You will need the following items for the olive oil hair treatment:
– ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
– 3 drops of your favourite essential oil
– 1 plastic shower cap
- Pour olive oil into a jar with a lid, then add essential oil. Put lid on jar and shake well to disperse the essential oil. Use immediately, or let sit for 24 hours in a cool, dark place so oils amalgamate. Shake again before use.
- Rinse hair with warm water. Starting at the ends, rub hair with the oil, working up towards the scalp (but rubbing in downward motions to prevent frizz). Warm remaining oil treatment (one teaspoon at a time) in the palms of your hands, then using your fingertips (not nails), gently massage the oil into the scalp in a circular motion. Repeat until the entire scalp has been massaged.
- Place plastic shower cap over your hair, and allow the oil to remain for at least thirty minutes.
- Lastly, rinse hair well with warm water and shampoo, and condition (if needed), as usual.