My husband and I are planning an epic journey to South East Asia this holiday season. We’re so excited to see our good friends (and fellow Cosmaddict blogger and Suma Lifestyle founder) Elaine, and her husband Tom. We’ll be spending a whole month in Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand and Macau! Since we’ll be on so many flights, we’re planning on only taking carry-on luggage with us. Gasp! How am I going to fit everything I need for one month in a tiny suitcase? I don’t know, but I’m going to try 🙂
Right now, I’m trying to decide what I absolutely need to take from my makeup bag. I also need to remember that all liquids can only be 100ml or less. Hmm, this will definitely be a challenge. The good thing is, I can always buy items when I’m there, especially in Singapore or Hong Kong, they have most cosmetic products that I can get at home. Another thing I have to keep in mind is heat and humidity – which can ruin any makeup look.
I picked up a few of the following products from Sephora, before we had even planned our trip. It seems I’m always ready for my next beach vacation! Here are the products I’ve narrowed done to my top 5:
1. L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara ($8) – This is must in high humidity, or you’ll end up with a raccoon look by 9:00am.
2. Orgasm Lust Lip & Cheek Set ($39) – Exclusive to Sephora set includes a mini Orgasm blush, Laguna bronzer, and Super Orgasm lip gloss. Perfect size for traveling and its compact size will easily fit into my carry on luggage.
3. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 To Go ($19.50) – This one ounce size is perfect for travel and added SPF will shield me a tad from the harsh rays.
4. Benefit Legally Bronze – Truly the perfect kit: High Beam illuminator, Hoola bronzer, Gilded eye pencil, and Bad Gal brown mascara.
5. Sephora Harmony Trio Bronzers ($16) – These multi purpose powders are bronzer/highlighters and can also be used as eyeshadows. I have both Rose Trio and Bronze Trio, but Rose is my fav.
What’s in your travel makeup bag?